I put a range and a hood fan into an architectural block, but when i put it next to a cabinet, the countertop overlaps the range

SHCanada2

Because the cabinet doesn't know it is next to a range anymore?  It's next to an architectural block and a block can have pretty much anything in it.

The simple solution is to just open the cabinet and set the overhang to 0 for that side.  Might also have to change the toe kick too.

Also, you know it would probably be a bit faster if you just selected the range and hood in the camera view and blocked them rather than switch to plan view, make a copy, block them, move the block out of the way, delete the original, and then move the block back to where it was. 

Regardless of where you do it, it looks like the counter top doesn't update automatically when you make the block.  I just opened the cabinet dialog and clicked ok to force it.  This seems like a bug and you might want to report it.

4 hours ago, DBCooper said:

The simple solution is to just open the cabinet and set the overhang to 0 for that side.  Might also have to change the toe kick too.

thanks, I'm thinking then maybe its probably just quicker to leave them independent and move into place, or keep them blocked and then unblock them once in place. 

4 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Also, you know it would probably be a bit faster if you just selected the range and hood in the camera view and blocked them rather than switch to plan view, make a copy, block them, move the block out of the way, delete the original, and then move the block back to where it was. 

I just did that to show how i blocked them. the ultimate plan was to keep a blocked version in the library

2 hours ago, jasonn1234 said:

same effect. 

but, if i keep them blocked in my library, position on plan, and then unblock, that seems to work.

..or keep the countertops the same color as the range :)

I had my doubts it'd work, but worth a try, Chief Cabinets are Parametric and not "Symbols" like the Hood/Range but I was hopeful they might "recognize" a Symbol vs a A.Block.

Luckily it's not too difficult to explode an A.Block if needed.

M.

• Upvote 1