X14 Layout Wall Surface Triangle Lines - come back for anyone else?

Kbird1

the X14 Layout Wall Surface Triangle Lines Issue has come back for me , using thelatest Nvidia Studio Driver in Win.10.  anyone else notice this?

This is the Layout I am currently doing..... I am losing so much time with X14 between this , the Save Issue , and all the other "little anomalies" .....

4 of 12 so far.......

Mick.

image.thumb.png.23a5832b373e07ae64852816b5f21962.png image.thumb.png.c8fc32e0cbbad08ac12133f0f019ad3e.png

image.thumb.png.af178620aa66517f72c519a619b734f1.png   image.thumb.png.d399da1da5328270e566b9bee4f20a29.png

• Upvote 1

So using Eric's (Solver) Free Tool, (link below- Thanks)  it turns out this plan started in X13 , so ( once again )  Plans brought forward maybe the Issue here too. ( Unfortunately Eric was forced to remove his wee program that read the File Version the program was started and last saved in.)

Mick.

@solver

Well it seems even Chief's Templates are not X14 Built , so bringing Plans forward may continue to be an issue , at least for some of Us.

With this as a known Issue you'd think this would be one thing they would of updated......:(:huh::(

image.thumb.png.9d2f386c6cb0deeb262043d9c02c175f.png

• Upvote 1

There are no known issues bringing plans forward.*

*Other than the ones that we have documented in the X14 Migration Guide:

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x14-migration-guide.pdf

If you think you have found an issue bringing a plan forward from any previous version of Chief Architect, then you should report this to our tech support team.  You will need to include the original plan that was saved in previous version along with a good description of the problems/differences that you have found in X14.

As for bringing your template plans forward, I have said this before but maybe it needs repeating, if we didn't think you should bring templates forward, we wouldn't include them in the migration tools.  See this thread for some of my previous comments about this:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have had angled lines in some of my cross section views in X14 as well.  When I moved the camera forward or backward small amounts they would disappear.  Not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about or if it is of any help but thought to share.  

32 minutes ago, Dermot said:

There are no known issues bringing plans forward.*

*Other than the ones that we have documented in the X14 Migration Guide:

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x14-migration-guide.pdf

If you think you have found an issue bringing a plan forward from any previous version of Chief Architect, then you should report this to our tech support team.  You will need to include the original plan that was saved in previous version along with a good description of the problems/differences that you have found in X14.

As for bringing your template plans forward, I have said this before but maybe it needs repeating, if we didn't think you should bring templates forward, we wouldn't include them in the migration tools.  See this thread for some of my previous comments about this:

YOU ARE A DREAMER DERMOT .....  you are here often enough to know better than to even make the post above claiming there are no issues with X14.....or X13 before it for that matter.....

it's been reported here dozens of time, by MANY different people and is costing people thousands of Dollars,

and you just continue to spit out the Company Line on this ...... that CA has No Known Issues...... 

I call B.S. on that statement, having had to give a Client just this week a 20% discount on my time to keep them happy,

what's all this cost you Dermot ? $0.00 is my guess, in fact my guess is you are racking in the Overtime in an effort to fix all the (non-existent) Issues....

Funny how for the last 15 - 20 yrs Chief has recommended to always scrap old Templates and rebuild them in the latest Version and suddenly YOU are saying it is no longer a recommended Practice, even though the Linked PDF you provided, says otherwise.....It's pretty sad that Chief doesn't even update the Default Templates for End Users each Version themselves, as I can't see how that is even possible for a User to do on our own.... 

image.thumb.png.1b65a614e60e7b53d23062dbc4c3b80a.png

Mick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

49 minutes ago, QualicoreHomes said:

I have had angled lines in some of my cross section views in X14 as well.  When I moved the camera forward or backward small amounts they would disappear.  Not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about or if it is of any help but thought to share.  

Hi,

Yes I have this Issue with text boxes as well , both in Plan and Layout , fingers cross the nest Patch fixes this issue as well.

The OP is actually an issue where what I believe are the Wall's 3D Surface Triangles showing in some Views , 4 of 12 Wall Elevations in this Layout,

the Plan/Elev. View is fine but the Layout is not . This was an issue in X13 , that was patched , and it maybe due to this being a Plan I started in X13,

that the Client has just decided to proceed on.

image.thumb.png.71276e9d01a24a839e8d4fe1d800b554.png

• Downvote 1

I will stand by my statements.  I will qualify them though by mentioning that we will be releasing an update to X14 in the near future that does address a number of issues in X14, some of which are new issues in X14 that were not in X13. 

I am not aware of any problems that are a direct result of bringing a legacy plan or template forward though.  I have seen a number of posts on Chieftalk speculating that bringing plans forward is a problem but that certainly doesn't make it true.

I do not think these random layout lines has anything to do with bringing a plan forward.  And, as far as I can tell, no one has actually reported this to us.  I have not been able to reproduce any problems like this myself, so unless someone actually reports it to us, there is really not much we can do about it.  And if someone does report it to us, and tech support asks them for more information, and they don't follow up with them, then it probably won't get solved any time soon.

Oh, and on a side note, I was not the person that gave Mick the downvotes, although I fully expect that I will be accused of doing it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Oh, and on a side note, I was not the person that gave Mick the downvotes, although I fully expect that I will be accused of doing it.

Nice try Dermot ...... I and other don't beleive you........ just you and Brianbeck here and I have 2 downvotes.... just like last time I made a statement you don't like about the Chief Architect software Issues..... pity the other members of your "Team at CA"  are not around on the weekend or I would have "5 Red Smarties" by now ...just like last time too....

Mick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

16 minutes ago, Dermot said:

I am not aware of any problems that are a direct result of bringing a legacy plan or template forward though.  I have seen a number of posts on Chieftalk speculating that bringing plans forward is a problem but that certainly doesn't make it true.

Doesn't make it untrue either, as since it isnt 100%  reproducible what would be the point to report it ?..... as we both know exactly what TS will say ...the same as you always say...." we can't reproduce it here...so we can't fix it "

Mick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 7:08 PM, Kbird1 said:

The X14 Layout Wall Surface Triangle Lines Issue has come back for me , using thelatest Nvidia Studio Driver in Win.10.  anyone else notice this?

Unfortunately this issue is still with us in X14 after the latest Update  (or more likely it came back?) ,

as today's Small Kitchen Layout Project has the Issue in 2 of 5 Backclipped Elevations...

Mick.

image.thumb.png.39282d5841fc1bfb96dccfe89572f62e.png  image.thumb.png.7c2d9023ffe9212655347ba47566d6c7.png