Find where you've used a wall type

TopagnaOverlook

• 1 month later...

@TopagnaOverlookI'm not sure I understand your question.

You should be able to just open up the wall you want to change by double clicking on the wall then going to wall type and then define.

Or if you have a wall schedule set up, you could access the wall by right clicking the wall schedule and opening the object in schedule.

• Upvote 1

The issue is that I didn't know which wall to double-click on.

I was working on a plan experimenting with different exterior siding material options, combinations of different stone and stucco types, etc. and creating new wall type definitions to see how they would look.  After deciding which wall type I liked best, I went to clean up my list of wall type definitions.  In the "Wall Type Definitions" dialog, I use the "Delete" button at the top of the dialog to remove wall type definitions I no longer use, and see the message:

"Cannot delete this wall type, it is used by one or more walls in your plan."

I could not tell by the appearance in plan view, or 3D view, which wall had the wrong type, and did not want to open each wall manually to find it.  Changing the fill color identified the wall I was looking for immediately.

Hope that clarifies.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TopagnaOverlook said:

The issue is that I didn't know which wall to double-click on.

I was working on a plan experimenting with different exterior siding material options, combinations of different stone and stucco types, etc. and creating new wall type definitions to see how they would look.  After deciding which wall type I liked best, I went to clean up my list of wall type definitions.  In the "Wall Type Definitions" dialog, I use the "Delete" button at the top of the dialog to remove wall type definitions I no longer use, and see the message:

"Cannot delete this wall type, it is used by one or more walls in your plan."

I could not tell by the appearance in plan view, or 3D view, which wall had the wrong type, and did not want to open each wall manually to find it.  Changing the fill color identified the wall I was looking for immediately.

Hope that clarifies.

Gotcha!  Yeah I run into that issue with layers when I try to delete a layer I no longer want to use.  It would be great to know where it's tied to.

• Upvote 1