x14 upgrade - missing Shadow Boards in 3D

WhistlerBuilder

2 hours ago, WhistlerBuilder said:

Any suggestions?

Were they made of Polyline Solids? not through the Roof DBX? , Chief has renamed them as 3D Solids with the same name for the Layer,

you should be able to tell, if you can see them in Plan select one ( unlock if needed ) and see the layer it is on

on the status bar ( bottom of screen) or by opening the object....

*I have found a few items myself which CA has "altered" in older plans , so it's possible as Joey mentioned that they were just "turned off" or deleted in the Roof DBX too.

M. 

16 minutes ago, WhistlerBuilder said:

They are present in the roof options. See attached.

They did not transfer as polyline solids, nor where they polyline solids before.

Roof-Shadow Boards.jpg

Have you rebuilt the Roof Framing in X14?

And yes the Version info in your Sig , is sometimes important to know , as answers can vary by Version used.

Mick.

In 3d or 2d view... Is the Room Trim Layer turned on? The screen capture of your project shows it unchecked. (2nd screen capture) 

I just took a quick look at a current project file, and "Roof Trim"... aka 'shadow boards' have their own layer. (1st screen capture) 

Snip20220613_12.thumb.png.7d4f98d41cfbdacf65f98b3f0d9f5a52.png

Snip20220613_13.png

4 minutes ago, VHampton said:

In 3d or 2d view... Is the Room Trim Layer turned on? The screen capture of your project shows it unchecked. (2nd screen capture) 

I just took a quick look at a current project file, and "Roof Trim"... aka 'shadow boards' have their own layer. (1st screen capture) 

Snip20220613_12.thumb.png.7d4f98d41cfbdacf65f98b3f0d9f5a52.png

Snip20220613_13.png

It is on in 3d. I checked everything for layers to turn on and off. I rebuilt it a few times and even had the camera layer set turn every layer on and it still doesnt show up.

4 minutes ago, WhistlerBuilder said:

This is pretty frustrating. This project was 100% complete and I was trying to send it out for rendering subcontractor today. Now its messed up just because I upgraded to x14

It's a strange one for sure........I would just send it out from X13 then, the Render probably doesn't mind/care, do they?

And please send the X13 and X14 plans to TS. to look at it. 

Mick.