Terrain feature turning up at exterior walls

Michael_Gia

I know I've fixed this before, but I can't remember how to fix these.

I have a terrain feature and it "turns up onto the garage door".  

Even when I drag the terrain feature well into and past the exterior wall into the building it still produces that sliver of a concrete flap in front of the doors.

Even when selecting "create hole" in the terrain feature it produces an artifact at the garage door.  Not as bad but still there, but then I lose my concrete wall side around the terrain feature.

Here’s a Dropbox link to the plan:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qug4nfc215coetr/Step 30-Plex V1.plan?dl=0

1112989895_ScreenShot2022-05-31at10_19_40PM.thumb.png.cc55c59deb3321480c4becee6f17f2ea.png

2 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

I have a terrain feature and it "turns up onto the garage door".  

It's climbing the side of the Terrain ...see the grass height either side, try fixing the Terrain ( not the hole) as all it's doing is sitting on the terrain....

pretty sure I fixed this last time I played in this plan ......a couple of months ago? .....

M.

To trouble shoot I change the color and line weight of the elevation data so it stands out  then look to see if you have overlapping elevation data or even turn all layers off and just show elevation data and study it my guess is you will have elevation data set wrong to cause the problem

On 6/2/2022 at 1:56 AM, Mark3D said:

I built your terrain see if you can make use of it , it is my best guess as to what your are trying to achieve

Hey thanks for looking into it for me.  I see that you used retaining walls to create the terrain cutout for the sloping driveway, I also used to use those.

I guess it's the "proper" way to achieve that cutout, however you then need elevation data lines which then cause all kinds of kinks in the terrain which are hard to control.

This is why I only use terrain regions which I lower to the basement level.  This cuts a clean hole and normally plays nice with the doors at the foundation level.

Unfortunately, X14 brought back those issues. (I think?)

I'm sure there is a fix without having to revert to elevation data and the like.

I've even gone so far as to simply put my terrain at the basement floor level and then use 3D solids to build up my landscaping and driveways... more work but easier to control.

• 1 year later...