Construction lines causing CAD bump

Doug_N

1 hour ago, Doug_N said:

I can't drag anything past a construction line.  Is there a setting that I am missing?

That's the idea. You have to drag them (or any object) waaaay past. Missing setting? Yes, turn them off or put them on a reference plan view.

2 hours ago, robdyck said:

That's the idea. You have to drag them (or any object) waaaay past. Missing setting? Yes, turn them off or put them on a reference plan view.

But why would a construction line have any effect on bumping?  I just don't get it.  How can I turn that off, just for the construction lines?  I still want to be able to select them, so putting them on a locked layer is out of the question.  

1 hour ago, Doug_N said:

But why would a construction line have any effect on bumping?  I just don't get it.  How can I turn that off, just for the construction lines?  I still want to be able to select them, so putting them on a locked layer is out of the question.  

Some users may want that functionality - to align objects to the grid for instance.

You can adjust the Maximum Bump Distance in Preferences (this will affect all objects) so that you don't have to drag as far to overcome the bumping.

Or you can use the Ctrl key to temporarily overcome bumping.

Or you can toggle bumping/pushing on/off with a hotkey or tool bar icon.