Plan View Links In Plan View - Is This Better?

HumbleChief

Curious what you all think about this idea. Of course 'better' is way too subjective a question to ask but I was struggling a bit on how to actually use the new linking capabilities in Chief as my detailing is usually minimal as I use an engineer's details much more than my own. The idea is to bypass the drop down menu for plan views and set up linked plan view call-outs that live in every plan view and can quickly be accessed in the plan versus the drop down plan view menu, of course on their own layer. Haven't really tried it yet but what do you think? Sorry no sound in the vid.

861345270_palnviewplan.plan

interesting, one downside is that if one works with full zoom to the building, then, one would have to zoom out to click them. other downside is it opens up a new tab, but i'm not sure that is a downside. Today I go to the layout where I have these already predone, and then double click on them to open them as a new tab, if I am "checking" the layout

9 hours ago, jasonn1234 said:

interesting, one downside is that if one works with full zoom to the building, then, one would have to zoom out to click them. other downside is it opens up a new tab, but i'm not sure that is a downside. Today I go to the layout where I have these already predone, and then double click on them to open them as a new tab, if I am "checking" the layout

Yeah, not sure it has any real workability.

13 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Thought it might save a trip to the project browser while in plan view, but again not sure it has any real workability.

Having project browser open to me is the same as having ALDO open.  SOP.