Custom light symbol adjustments

Gawdzira

I made a light and I am lacking Symbol Adjustment knowledge. After I made the symbol and then placed it in a scene, I made several adjustments. Origin position, rotation and light data (including offsets). When I then save that adjusted light out as a new symbol and bring it back into the scene, it is all wonky again. Also, when making symbol adjustments and you set it to be a "light", why no light data at that time?

When I originally converted it to a symbol I did not group the objects. Would this be my problem area?

image.thumb.png.acbd517affe704e456fe261c59f200b0.png

EXTERIOR LIGHT ALONE.plan BAD LT.plan

10 minutes ago, Gawdzira said:

when making symbol adjustments and you set it to be a "light", why no light data at that time

That is done in the Object DBX , not the Symbol DBX ...just the way CA does it I suppose so you can't to it all in one step.

In the BAD plan the  Light on the Left is Correct but you haven't generated the 2D CAD Block ( using default sconce one),

and in the Symbol DBX you should also set the Options....

image.thumb.png.4d2a3d287c84b1e3f599efd18f2b6b89.png

image.thumb.png.4a22c7499b4620a9f6eb466b1f8ed70e.png

14 minutes ago, Gawdzira said:

Yes, the light on the left is correct after editing the original symbol. The light on the right is the corrected symbol saved out as a new symbol and then brought back in. When I bring is back in, it becomes the bad light.

Hmmmm cos I just did that ....ie saved to my Library after changes above, ( thanks) and brought back in to check and all seems well?

You sure you aren't bringing your BAD light with the 3D offsets back in instead of the "fixed" Symbol with 0" X,Y,Z offsets?

( The Z Offset maybe the only one to use here depending where the Hole for the Octagonal Elec. box is.)

image.thumb.png.cbd448c3001348b6f0d45c55fe7d3da6.png

9 minutes ago, rgardner said:

When you change it to a light in the symbol creation dbx it changes the Y offset to 1 7/8" so you need to set it to 0 after you set it to be hanging on the wall.  Probably something to do with the way you built it or in what position.  (The why is beyond me,) but that fixes it.

Light for Allan.calibz 7.79 kB · 0 downloads

^

I

I

I

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

Hmmmm cos I just did that ....ie saved to my Library ( thanks) and brought back in to check and all seems well?

You sure you are bringing your BAD light witht he 3D offsets back in instead of the "fixed" one with 0" offsets?

image.thumb.png.cbd448c3001348b6f0d45c55fe7d3da6.png

29 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

saved to my Library after changes above, ( thanks) and brought back in to check and all seems well?

You also need to Fix your Light Data actually ........

you only have 1 Light and there are two..... so add one and make the necessary adjustments,

which is easier to do if you turn on the "Show Position in camera View Setting" temporarily.

*Or download plan I just uploaded  :) 

image.thumb.png.02e6d6eef9da8519c61314f8be2005dd.png image.thumb.png.d1742e1edb54e48f1889bc144f9e481b.png image.thumb.png.f3bfb072b624d9b3f3328cdc5cecf81b.png   PLAN FILE :          Exterior Sconce Symbol Plan.plan