Custom backdrop from photo

Designers_Edge

I have clients that want 3D images of a view of their backyard through their dining room and living room windows.  They are removing a 2 story sun room.  I have searched Chief as I remember an article about customizing and creating backdrops.  

What I would like to know and can’t find is the size these images should be importing them as  backdrops.  I have tried before and some of my attempts have been very distorted -i.e. the trees and shrubs are giant size and you just see a huge trunk out the window instead of a wooded backyard.  I need  the backdrop to provide a realistic view.

Thank you for any advice with this.

I use Build, Image, Billboard. Always take several shots, turn off backdrop in camera, reduce sun and back drop intensity. Adjust size and height.

I like that it can be set to always face camera though sometimes not ideal. Also that it lets light in but doesn't change the color of the light in PBR. Works easiest if the billboard does not have to be really far from window in many cases. I've also used the in interior doorways if there was a nicely detailed room that I did not need to draw but want to show. Just grabbed something for this one quickly. Somewhere I have others from a few years back.

image.thumb.png.e18413746bc9166c41e3f1782d898c9f.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Designers_Edge said:

Where are you getting your image from??

Place image in folder XYZ:\...\Chief Architect Premier X13 Data\Images.  Place billboard, navigate to image. There is also an option to create a new image though that doesn't seem to work to paint the billboard and not an option to select that I see?

• Like 1