Custom Muntins

mtldesigns

Go to solution Solved by mtldesigns,

For those that run into this problem in the future, here is the tech article that explains how to create custom muntins:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00930/creating-custom-muntins.html

Normally, the Load Muntins button will appear when you select the window or door in an elevation view when the program finds a suitable cad block to load.  The program can sometimes be a bit finicky about what it considers a suitable cad block though.  For example, the cad block has to cover a certain percentage of the window glass to be considered suitable so you can't just draw a single line, block it,  and make custom muntins out of it.

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2022 at 7:36 PM, Dermot said:

For those that run into this problem in the future, here is the tech article that explains how to create custom muntins:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00930/creating-custom-muntins.html

Normally, the Load Muntins button will appear when you select the window or door in an elevation view when the program finds a suitable cad block to load.  The program can sometimes be a bit finicky about what it considers a suitable cad block though.  For example, the cad block has to cover a certain percentage of the window glass to be considered suitable so you can't just draw a single line, block it,  and make custom muntins out of it.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:24 PM, mtldesigns said:

Needing to do some custom muntin's, and found the how to, but not finding the "Load Muntins" button..  any ideas on where this is hidden? 

mutin.JPG

I know that there are over 1300 toolbar buttons but can someone tell me where I can find the Load Muntin toolbar button.  I have done a search and it does not show up at all and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.  Where did you find it Michael?  Dermot, I saw this being done on one of the Love shack drawings but did not see the Load Muntins button and it is not showing up when I pick my window...

On 2/11/2022 at 8:36 PM, Dermot said:

@cjanderson66