How to close off the bottom of a wall

bakerbuilt

I have a house with a bonus room up stairs. Part of the stairs comes in to the living room and I have a bump out. In the first picture is what it looks like if I didn't put a wall in and the second on is if I put a wall in and physically edited the wall to look like that.. Is there a way I can close the bottom of the wall off so it "looks good" or is there a better way to do that?

2.jpg

1.jpg

• 1 year later...

@solver I like the looks of your method solver, but for me, what is unclear is how you drag the wall up at an angle as it is shown in the post you linked to. I can drag my pony wall up & down, left or right, but it doesn't appear I can drag the corner handle of the wall to the shape I want (like you would a polyline solid).  I understand the concept of everything else, but what am I missing as far as getting the wall to be angled like you show?  Thanks for your help.

Save yourself a lot of time/trouble...and just place a solid in the space and paint it.

The wall method suggested above is a perfectly good method...if you don't mind spending a lot of time and probably not getting paid to do it...nor, will anyone ever know how you did it...nor, will they care.  Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SNestor said:

Save yourself a lot of time/trouble...and just place a solid in the space and paint it.

The wall method suggested above is a perfectly good method...if you don't mind spending a lot of time and probably not getting paid to do it...nor, will anyone ever know how you did it...nor, will they care.  Just my two cents.

Custom Stringer is a very easy method if it aligns with the wall above. All you would need is the custom stringer the thickness of the wall
image.png