1st floor wall exterior layers populating below deck leger board and along basement stem wall.

IvanCyr

See attached image.  The exterior wall on floor 1 is set correctly, see red arrow.  The red box showcases my issue.  This should be ONLY stem wall (and perhaps a rim joist or larger leger board)...NOT exterior layers from floor 1.  There is NO pony wall defined...pretty much Chief default setup.  This has come up a few times in the past and I am wondering about its "control" in Chief.  It seems to be almost random...although this one showcased itself when the foundation walls were changed from having the floor joists on hangers mounted into the stem wall to being set onto the sill plate.

Thoughts from the gurus??

Thx.

Screenshot Wall Def.png

The reason is because the exterior of the wall on floor 1 is not aligned vertically with your foundation wall. 

Chief can often give wildly erratic behaviour when walls are not aligned, that is, sitting perfectly one on top of the other. 

When walls are not aligned I’ve seen weird behaviour from items not even related to walls get messed up. 

Hi Michael, Good guess and I know exactly what you're saying when walls are mis-aligned.  This one is perfectly aligned with the floor 1 wall exterior framing layer aligned with sill plate which is aligned with the exterior stem wall.  The vertical alignment icon does not show indicating proper alignment as well.  Still scratching my head....

Glen, it indeed was a Brick Ledge Depth issue....settings which I have not knowingly changed...or perhaps it is a default or perhaps how it may have changed by the previous construction method check mark of  "Hanging the floor platform on the wall above" I don't know, but I set it to zero and it works fine.  Thanks for the discourse.  Yet another tool for the tool box.  Cheers,

• Upvote 1