Cabinet Back adjustment for ceiling beam and wall skirting

Manson

Hi, I would like to draw a full height cabinet which fit exactly to the wall. The wall has both ceiling beam and wall skirting. I wonder how should I draw correct to make sure those measurement got counted into. I don't find much option in the cabinet back side.

Not really sure that is a cabinet option in chief unless you want to completely custom build the whole cabinet and wall details from solids.

Other wise I think the best approach would be to use the magic of digital design and mesh the cabinet to the wall and take a section view then convert that to a cad detail from view and dimension that for the fabricator.

Unless one of the cabinet guru's has a better suggestion.

You can split the sides and back first horizontally, set height of top section and then split that vertically. Then make the back section an opening and the separations that are in the way 0", in X13 make cabinet with no top (12 is a bit different) You can adjust the shelves to put a lower top over the entire cabinet at the bottom of the open section.

IF you were to want to have it sealed you would need custom door symbols with origin offsets (Some years ago I posted  some methods and maybe parts in wither tips or symbols)

For the baseboard we would typically be cutting that away as needed. You could also extend the sides back, again with a custom symbol that is offset to the baseboard. I'd only do that if it were baseboard heat though. Images below, BUT...

Now that's all well and good but to place a full height cabinet to the ceiling with no trim at the top is not possible IRL, you can't tilt it into place. At typical ceiling height for a full depth cabinet removing the toe subbase is not enough to allow it to tilt.

Image of impossible to install cabinet

image.thumb.png.1f742ea64b10dee9587d6cb697df49d4.pngimage.thumb.png.fb7c7f37ee857064ef030fbd10da5163.png

• Like 1