Walkthrough Animation Too Demanding?

Design20

I am trying to export a pretty large walkthrough from a pretty large model (a small church).  I cannot export more than about 10-20 frames at a time without my computer suddenly committing a thermal shutdown.  CPU temp monitoring shows core temps can reach up to 85 celsius.  Is this too demanding for my hardware (see CPU in signature), or am I doing something wrong with the software (using standard mode rendering with about 70 light fixtures)?  It seems to me that if it can export 20 frames at a time, it should be able to handle any number of frames, but I'm no software expert.  Does anybody have any thoughts on this issue?  Workarounds?  Devastating criticism?  Anything is helpful, I'm at a complete loss.  This is really putting a damper on my efficiency.

Plan file is too large to upload, unfortunately.

You  may want to give it a try on another system just to be sure it is not a hardware configuration issue. Otherwise I think your setup should handle a standard render walkthrough.

What is your surface count in the Layerset you are using ?

Other options are Twinmotion and Lumion if it does not work out in Chief.

Export to TwinMotion. You don’t need your lighting.  
Walkthroughs are so much simpler and straight forward on TM. 

For large projects with multiple buildings I will convert the buildings into symbols first then export into TM. 

I only have a MacBook and have no problem with large projects using this approach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2021 at 8:40 PM, Michael_Gia said:

Export to TwinMotion. You don’t need your lighting.  
Walkthroughs are so much simpler and straight forward on TM.

Michael I gave an upvote simply to counteract the downvote.  I guess you were downvoted by a fervent CA apologist?  I have looked into TW and although I really appreciate the one-time-purchase, I don't think I can justify it with how rarely I do walkthroughs.  I have played around a bit with the free version though and it seems like a great program.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Design20 said:

I don't think I can justify it with how rarely I do walkthroughs

I think TwinMotion is still free.

Thanks for the upvote.  I’ll take the karma, whenever I can, lol. 

I only use TM for exteriors, myself.  No difference from Chief for interiors, really. 

Cheers!