Material list exporting

Bob-Roraback

When I export a material list as an Excel spreadsheet it does not retain the cell formatting. All of the cells and column headings are there but the totals

do not change if you change a quantity. Is this the intended behavior of this function or am I missing a step in the export process.

A couple of thoughts come to mind as this is not an automated function. One could learn to improve their spreadsheet skills to add those formulas; it can be very quick. I think you could also create a template so that you copy and paste the correct columns into that template. That would mean excluding the columns from the materials list that provide calculations.

I'm sure there are others with more knowledge than myself who could offer more and better tips.

4 hours ago, Bob-Roraback said:

When I export a material list as an Excel spreadsheet it does not retain the cell formatting. All of the cells and column headings are there but the totals

do not change if you change a quantity. Is this the intended behavior of this function or am I missing a step in the export process.

I think the exports are "Dumb"  ie you get just the Text similar to a .CSV file.

M.

1 hour ago, Bob-Roraback said:

Thank you Robert and Mick, I will post it in suggestions, Bob

While I don't know this, one might assume that the formulas used by Chief are not exactly the same as what would be used by a spreadsheet. For all I know, the calculations aren't being handled by a formula in the materials list at all, but rather by the program code.

@Alaskan_Son may have some additional insight.