Floor joists

winterdd

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

• Solution

You need to build your foundation so it has a place to put the joists.

image.thumb.png.ea812630067b95f8c61c9c3bb9fd427a.png

BTW You changed your default to I-joist in framing but not on your level 1 which was already set as lumber.  You also have your sheathing layer set as framing and not your i-joist/lumber selection.

image.thumb.png.b70db92b916ddb92e597591b3b2203c4.pngimage.thumb.png.00a6a781ac1801e6f8616966d1729d47.png

• Upvote 1

You are very right guys, I just noticed that I never built the FDN before I got back on the forum, duh! So, if this is a crawl space on pilings I wont' need stem walls, it will all be open, Maybe dressed up with lattice. How do I manipulate the fdn to suit this? Basically, I need to show double 2x12's for my rim joists and delete the stem walls and draw in manually what I need. Is that the best route to take?

2 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Maybe dressed up with lattice. How do I manipulate the fdn to suit this?

Change the foundation wall type to a 2x2 framing layer with lattice exterior and turn it off of a foundation wall to remove the footing.

For the Rim joist to properly show it as a double rim beam you will most likely want to do it manually (use the extend and trim tools and transform replicate object tools) but you could set your rim joist default to the thickness of the double rim and use a detail.