Trim Glitch

MayoCustomBuild

Hey all, I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this. I am experiencing a trim glitch that i cant work around. I have tried everything that I know of to get rid of it. The trouble started when I used a Windsor Molding as a chair rail profile. With another molding on top of that to create a more elegant chair rail. I needed to remove it from a few walls so i tried and after multiple attempts I had zero luck as it was removing it everywhere. I tried a couple of work arounds and now when you go into the room moulding specs. It doesn't even show that the molding exists but in the rendering it's clearly viable. Just really confused as to where I went wrong!. Has anyone ever experienced this issue and if so what was the work around? 

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 9.28.02 AM.png

If you apply the  molding using a Molding Polyline instead of the room dialog box you will have more control over starts and stops.

Right click in the room and select 'Make Room Molding Polyline"

You can then select segments of the polyline (or create new segments with the break tool) and have them display the molding or not.

• Upvote 1

If you reset it to the entire room and select the room there is an option to create a molding polyline in the room (edit bar at bottom oob).  When you select that it gives you the option to select only certain moldings to set on that polyline. 

image.thumb.png.536ec37be4e3717ba9a763a55cf0294a.png

You can then select a segment of that polyline and in the edit bar there is the option to turn it off that section of the wall (you can also break that section and only remove a portion of it.

image.thumb.png.f7cfb7d1856c0bfb033e4a9cdded5dbc.png

3 hours ago, MayoCustomBuild said:

I tried a couple of work arounds and now when you go into the room moulding specs. It doesn't even show that the molding exists but in the rendering it's clearly viable.

It sounds to me like you may have already used the Make Room Molding Polyline mentioned above.  When you do that, the molding is removed from the room definition and replaced with a molding polyline.  If you post the plan we would know for sure though.

• Upvote 1