suppress labels by default

KellySantaRosa

is there a global option to suppress labels by default?

they seem to bunch up and clutter the space quickly, and in some cases are unnecessary such as w/ GFCIs.

it would be nice to draw the plan then turn on the exception of useful labels rather than turning off a bulk of them along the way.

I would personally like to see a label on/off toggle in the toolbar.  In the meantime, You can do as the guys above mentioned and simply turn all the label layers off.  If you upgrade to X13, what you can do is simply move the label to a displayed layer for objects whose labels you want turned on.  In other words use the layer as the toggle instead of the suppress label box.  You can also go through all your default objects and suppress the label but that will only work for some of them and will require you add others to your user library.  I would recommend the layer approach.

1 minute ago, Alaskan_Son said:

If you upgrade to X13, what you can do is simply move the label to a displayed layer for objects whose labels you want turned on.  In other words use the layer as the toggle instead of the suppress label box

Thank you for mentioning this Michael... wow, that's terrific for the way I use labels.  Didn't see anything about this in the X13 overview.