Material list Count Units


Recommended Posts

I'm trying to change the way my brick is calculated in materials and it is showing from linear ft. to sq.ft.  Below is the directions from the "Launch Help" tab. The part in Red has no  Sq.Ft. option when I follow these instructions. None of the other drop down list I have found have this option either. I am lost...

 

Changing Count Units
The material for a given object component will be counted either by piece; linear feet or meters; square feet or meters; or cubic yards or meters. The same method and unit used in the Count column will be used in the Extra column.
When the Count is linear, area, or volume, you can choose a different unit of measurement:
Double-click in a cell in the Count column to select and edit it, then choose a unit of measurement from the drop-down list to the right of the selected cell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to go back to the material definition and change the Material List Calculation on the Material List panel.

Sounds like you want Area.

Eric passed over it in the beginning of his vid.

Then when you have a ML, you can change the units - ie, from square inches to square feet.

You can't change the category in the ML - ie, from Area to Linear.

There are no options to change Count because the number of bricks can only be defined as a number.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, solver said:

 

Ok, I went to material definition and the wall I opened up in the DBX is already set to area. When I go to the Material list, the brick , in the count column is still in linear ft. because it says 43ft. which is precisely how long the wall is. I do notice in the say count column other materials show sq.ft. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, glennw said:

You need to go back to the material definition and change the Material List Calculation on the Material List panel.

Sounds like you want Area.

Eric passed over it in the beginning of his vid.

Then when you have a ML, you can change the units - ie, from square inches to square feet.

You can't change the category in the ML - ie, from Area to Linear.

There are no options to change Count because the number of bricks can only be defined as a number.

"In material definition and change the Material List Calculation on the Material List panel" this is done already and still shows linear ft. in the count column for some reason. When I double click the box in that column a drop down menu appears to allow me to choose different forms of measurements. Square Foot is not one of the options but all other ones are. Weird...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, solver said:

What material are you using for the brick?

 

Attach a plan with a section of your brick wall.

Just regular brick...File is way to big to upload  

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

Just regular brick...File is way to big to upload  

 

What material is "regular brick"?

 

All that I was asking for is a plan with a section of your brick wall -- don't need a complete plan.

 

Maybe you are using an unmodified Brick-6 or Brick-4 wall?

 

And you are creating a new Materials List to see any changes you are making?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, DH7777 said:

Ok, I went to material definition and the wall I opened up in the DBX is already set to area. When I go to the Material list, the brick , in the count column is still in linear ft. because it says 43ft. which is precisely how long the wall is. I do notice in the say count column other materials show sq.ft. 

 

The materials list does not auto-update. You need to recreate the materials list. It is a snapshot in time of the model when it was created.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

    29506
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    Berretta969mm
    Newest Member
    Berretta969mm
    Joined