JPAK2021

Get Under There!

Hey all.

I'm using Premier X12 Student Edition.

I'm trying to get this roof highlighted in yellow to tuck under the dormer and be lined up with the dormer 4/12 roof.

How can one go by doing this?

Thanks!

Q2.thumb.JPG.c9c56ae857a584f540a2884e3ce3b4ea.JPG

3 hours ago, solver said:

Shouldn't a student be working out these problems instead of asking a group of busy professionals to do their homework?

My apologies in advance.  I'm in my senior year in High School and interested in pursuing architecture, however my school does not offer any classes.  I'm learning this on my own and appreciate the assistance from those that have helped me thus far.  As one of my favorite teachers have said time and time again, "Where there's great knowledge, there's even greater responsibility to spread it!"  Thanks Mr. Potter for your video!

I applaud your initiative. I'll offer a couple of suggestions.

Learn about construction. Learn the lingo. Operating Chief is easy, knowing what to draw, both construction wise and architecturally is less so. You need to know the words to communicate, and when you have a question, to search for answers.

There is much info -- articles and videos online, and there is a Tutorial and Reference Manual linked under Help. Chief has a YouTube channel with videos and you should watch many of them. Learn to solve your own problems. The information is almost always available, you just need to find it, or remember it, or remember where you found it.

People often wait until a problem comes up to find a solution. My suggestion is to be prepared with enough background knowledge that you are not completely lost, you may not be able to immediately solve the problem, but you will at least know where to look for the answer.

When I bought the software several years ago, I'd come home from work and spend an hour or two watching videos. Not trying to solve a specific problem, but to build a knowledge base, to understand how Chief worked, the terminology used, the way to approach a project. Focus on the concepts and less on the details to start.

I practiced, and practiced and practiced some more. Then I would rewatch many of the same videos, and get much more out of them.

And finally, respect your elders :)  I asked you to fill out your signature and I see no signature. 

• Upvote 1

@JPAK2021 - 

I have created a number of dormer and roof videos on my YouTube page...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SNestor said:

I have created a number of dormer and roof videos on my YouTube page

Another Home Run video Steve... nailed it.   Nice tip I didn't know about with the balloon through ceiling...  

8 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Another Home Run video Steve... nailed it.   Nice tip I didn't know about with the balloon through ceiling...  

Thanks! 
Like a lot of things in Chief...I discovered this "fix" by accident just trying to get a dormer to work. 

1609114160_Constructionworker1.jpg.06f52e0c00a93fd9b86c1c037654a310.jpg