Sign in to follow this  
bdillard

How do I remove this divider in my vanity sink?

Hello,

I just noticed when I created a vanity, the sink has a divider from the wood framing sticking through it.   Can you help me fix it?

Capture.JPG

Please check your messages.

Why would a divider be there? I imagine if you think about that and look at the cabinet, you will see what's happening, and see how to fix it.

Use a double door instead of two doors. In (the rare) situations where you must use two doors make it a "blank area" that is equal in width to your reveal.

• Like 1

Thanks!!   I deleted the divider and then the double door thing did it!   I'm trying to do farmhouse style of sink but have a similar issue - the countertop sits above the bulk of the basin.  Any suggestion?

Capture.JPG

Just like your question above, think about what's going on.

You have a standard base cabinet that you want to use with a farmhouse sink. You need to modify the cabinet (and countertop) so the sink fits. 

It looks like you have just stuck a bunch of cabinets together and plopped a sink on top and straddling 2 cabinets.

Maybe you should research cabinet layout before adding extras like sinks.

• Like 1

A farmhouse sink goes into a farmhouse sink cabinet, according to dozens of pictures you see when you do a web search.

Tru this.  Go to Kohler's website, find an apron-style ("farmhouse") sink you like, and download their installation instructions.  You'll learn from that what to do in Chief.

• Upvote 1