plotting problems

BruceKC

I have an older HP 800 plotter.  It works fine in Windows 10, and I have autocad and it also works well with Autocad Architecture.  But when I try to plot anything to it from Chief Archtiect x12, I get an error message stating that the plotter is reporting a dpi of 0, and of course it won't print anything from Chief.  Am I doing something wrong?

I can do that, and I know that works, but it seems silly.  Every other program I use can' plot to the HP, just not Chief.  If I have to plot to pdf and then plot to the HP, it makes printing very, very slow.  thanks for the tip though.

Just now, BruceKC said:

I can do that, and I know that works, but it seems silly.  Every other program I use can' plot to the HP, just not Chief.  If I have to plot to pdf and then plot to the HP, it makes printing very, very slow.  thanks for the tip though.

Most likely you are comparing a 2d autocad file to the 3d file that chief puts out.  There is alot more detail to process.

• 2 years later...

I don't know if this is still the case but it sounds like it is.  At some point, I was no longer able to print directly to my HP plotter.  I had to print to PDF, then send to the plotter.  I don't know what was changed but Chief couldn't communicate with the plotter.  The upside is you now have a digital record of what was printed.