Cheat siding courses?

Lighthouse

Is there a way to get Chief to cheat siding courses?  Good carpenters create a story pole to get siding courses to align with window heads and sills, which often means cheating the interval spacing.  For example, 4" clapboards might be cheated to 4 1/2" in a particular area to make them align.  I know that I could create a material region and assign a different siding with a wider interval.  It would be ideal if I could actually just grab individual pieces of siding and move them.  Any workarounds besides material regions or polyline solids?

Similarly, I would like to be able to control the amount the siding overlaps the floor platform.  In some designs, I like to change siding materials at the subfloor level, rather than at the bottom of the floor platform as is Chief's default.  I can adjust the wall manually, but then I'm moving the whole wall, not just the siding.  Ideally I would like a setting the controls the top and bottom of the siding relative to the wall plates.  Does that exist?

thanks

IMO this level of detail amounts to "shop drawings" and isn't something that I consider part of my job.  I'm not sure how you operate, but if this was asked of me I'd have to charge extra for it.  Even then, I wouldn't guarantee anything, as I don't control what happens in the field.

Chief doesn't have any tools for this specific purpose.  My best suggestion would be to use cad polylines in a cross section to lay out the boards and casings and such.  Good luck!