divreig

Size limit? Chief and .skp not friends anymore?

I have imported the loading doc roof I did in sketch up the, the structure is 3852" wide . Chief imports the correct size, but then when i try to move it up to the correct height chief shrinks the imported roof structure to 3000". I did not find any limits on imports on the docs or help. 

Anyone ells had this problem? 

2020-12-18 (1).png

existing model.plan

existing roof only.skp

There does seem to be some sort of limit.  I've seen this behavior manifest itself with minimum sizing but this is the first time I've seen it with maximum sizing.  The problem isn't actually triggered by moving the object.  It's triggered by opening the Fixture Specification dialog and doing anything except hitting Cancel.  You just have to move it without using Open Object.  Use either Transform Replicate or Move in an elevation.  You should also report to Tech Support.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    calijah
    Newest Member
    calijah

• By divreig
      I imported a Import a surveyor DWG file. I followed the instruction in the tutorial (Import a Surveyor DWG file for a Site Plan or Terrain Perimeter (chiefarchitect.com) . And got some strange spikes hills. I have tired cleaning up the elevation data but no luck. There is simply no elevation data in the area that is that tall, not sure what is generate this. Pleas see the attached pic and surveyor map. 
      17045-Topo.pdf

17045-Topo-C.dwg
      existing terrian2.plan
    • By rfantclt
      Fellow More-experienced CA users,

I have drawn as-built plans of a house for a renovation/addition project in CA v.12.  I recently received the final survey from the surveyor with property lines, major and minor contours, the building footprint, and other typical survey information.  I imported it from .dwg as a .plan file  with layers for terrain perimeter and terrain, and converted the terrain using the convert tool to make it 3D.  It shows up with terrain. Yay!  Now I'm not sure of the next steps:
      1. How do I bring the terrain into the building.plan?
      2. How do I set it in place - using a Place Point or Point Marker at a corner of the house?
      3. The survey elevations are in the 650' range so how what do I do to place the terrain relative to my house (1st floor 0.0)?  This house has a walk out basement, if that matters.
      4. I copied in a 2D version of the survey to use in plan view (on layer CAD, AS-BUILT SURVEY).  When I send it to layout, the house floor plans are obscured and the secondary contours didn't come in - admittedly, this is a previous version of my survey attempt and I've since remapped the survey layers.

I have also attached the house plan, if that helps.

Thanks for recommendations from this group, as I've watched numerous videos and couldn't find any that addressed this process.

Rebecca
      CA Premier X12

Zoutewelle FINAL SURVEY.plan
      Muhs Existing.plan
    • By ilastu
      I successfully imported the floor plan for a house from a dwg file, however I have not found a way to convert the roof drawing into 3D. Is there a way to do that? I am using the X11 version.