capitaldesigns

Terrain Perimeter & elevation region

I am working on a project with a flat lot. The rear part of the lot drops straight down -14" .

I am trying to draw this using terrain perimeter and the elevation region to show the 14" drop.

When I select the elevation region and input in the elevation as -14" the terrain perimeter

also move down -14" along with the elevation region. I have tried this a number of way with the

same results.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. 

5 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

Sounds like you only missed on step....   You must also define the level part at 0" with another region.

I drew a guest house then placed the terrain perimeter. In the DBX it shows the grade is 8" below the finish floor of the guest house.

Where do I go to change the grade elevation  of the terrain perimeter as 0" ? 

20 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

I drew a guest house then placed the terrain perimeter. In the DBX it shows the grade is 8" below the finish floor of the guest house.

Where do I go to change the grade elevation  of the terrain perimeter as 0" ? 

Sorry I guess that was a theoretical 0".   Likely you need to leave the 8" setting alone.  It is just that chief needs two pcs of information to create a slope....   Actually 3 pcs.    Top elevation, Bottom Elevation and distance between the two.

So give it a try with one region at 8" and the other at -6" with a small gap between them giving you a 14" difference (slope).

Edited by Chopsaw
Sorry long day and short night. I think that should be -8" and -22"

15 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

I am working on a project with a flat lot. The rear part of the lot drops straight down -14" .

I am trying to draw this using terrain perimeter and the elevation region to show the 14" drop.

When I select the elevation region and input in the elevation as -14" the terrain perimeter

also move down -14" along with the elevation region. I have tried this a number of way with the

same results.

You need a minimum of 2 Regions to "move" the Terrain.

The Terrain Perimeter (T.P.) itself will auto set it's own height to begin with depending on floor structure thickness,

but can be set as needed ( uncheck automatic height - not Build ) for the particular Project.

Terrain Regions register off the T.P. height and should show 0" when 1st placed. 

In this case put a Terrain Break with the transition set at 0" between the two Regions,

which are drawn nearly touching each other for a steep/straight drop.

M.

image.thumb.png.710a3221120f983b4e37042daf9c9789.png