Attic Floor

cajunland

I needed a mechanical area/attic area with a floor in attic.

So I did this:

Defines a room with walls. (type- Attic)

Then door and floor added.

Changed wall types:

Railing wall- Wall dbx/General/checked Railing; Room Divider type on another.

Created new wall type on some walls as seen and defined them by deleting wall layer #1- Drywall to show studs in unfinished attic area.

fyi: Walls not framed yet so I believe that may be why it looks like paneling on some attic walls from removal of drywall on layer 1.

However, more experienced folks like SNestor advised this may create issues in Chief.

Any detailed advice to create "blank floor" in attic is appreciated.

Screenshot attic door  and floor.png

AS-BUILTCURRENTv8.0remodel.plan

I believe you Eric.

Maybe my syntax is the issue.

The space I am describing is existing as-built and is physically on the 2nd floor level.

Imagine having a room same floor level via hinged door entry with no walls, no ceiling and no conditioning.

A real man cave.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, cajunland said:

fyi: Walls not framed yet so I believe that may be why it looks like paneling on some attic walls from removal of drywall on layer 1.

Try removing the drywall from the interior side not the exterior instead in the Wall definition. ( and build the framing)

image.thumb.png.218ea983f5e8667991b7b5631e918071.png

I believe Eric was thinking you were trying to build a room on the Attic Level in Chief which can't be done....

Not 100% sure what the Issues are as it seems to have worked  ( no sure what Steve (SNestor) said though?)

PS you haven't built the foundation and appear not to be using Saved Plan Views

ie:  None showing on Dropdown which may point to a very old Template Plan being used for new Plans.)

M.

Thanks Gene and Mick.

Yes. I was waiting to build framing until roof and some other issues debugged which other members assisted and roof is on right now I think.

Maybe it is safe to do it now.

I need to look into that template issue and Saved Plan views because this is a plan carried over from X11.

For my posted Plan:

SNestor fixed my roof.

Alaskan_Son provided fix for cheek wall.

Solver's and others advice and suggestions applied to Plans.

I'll remember to save Plan View to make it easier for members to assist when posting Plans.

I was waiting to build framing until some of these major issues fixed.

Keep me straight.

All advice given is greatly appreciated.

25 minutes ago, cajunland said:

I was waiting to build framing until some of these major issues fixed.

In general that's not a bad idea, but just in case you're not aware, the Delete Objects tool in the Edit menu, will let you delete just the framing or even just certain types of the framing.

• Like 1