A Couple Wall Issues?

keithhe

Really frustrating some of the really stupid stuff I need to ask for help on, but.... here I go again.

On plan, attached, there are two "half wall issues" and one wall connection issue.

First, there is a half wall on this as-built separating the kitchen from living room. Another between Jacuzzi and sinks in master bath. In both cases I can't get them any higher than they are, which is shorter than I need. Kitchen half wall should be 45" from floor (0") the master bath one 45.75" fro floor. What ami I missing where they don't go higher, despite entering the height in dbx?

Other wall issue is a connection anomaly. The exterior walls intersection with interior wall to right of front door leaves one of those "see through wall" connections in bedroom on other side of wall. They look to be aligned, have tried repeatedly to disconnect, reconnect with same result. Again, I expect user error here, but can't get me to tell me what the error is.

Ideas?

Also, a weird thing happened on the way to adding the shutters front of house. When I added the terrain, they all dropped down? They appear to be directly linked to terrain height. Never seen that one before, and no idea if that is normal or not.

Thanks guys.....

Keith  

Keith As Built.plan

Other wall issue is a connection anomaly. The exterior walls intersection with interior wall to right of front door leaves one of those "see through wall" connections in bedroom on other side of wall. They look to be aligned, have tried repeatedly to disconnect, reconnect with same result. Again, I expect user error here, but can't get me to tell me what the error is.

This is because the north-south exterior wall doesn't align perfectly with the north-south interior wall. Just drag one or the other so the main layers align, and your issue will be fixed.

Robert,

Thanks that was it. Can't believe I mistook the half wall as a wall rather than a newel that clearly it is. :) Odd, never knew that. Thanks...

Dennis,

What is the pro's cons to your way? Not sure I understand.

The radio buttons say "Use Floor Finish" and "Auto Adjust Height". I deselected both and they jumped up t where they were before. Use floor finish, means terrain height?

Robert,

OK, looking at it, even zoomed way in, looks like all is aligned, but see connection issue. I moved the interior (yellow) wall 1/32" west and the 3D looks right, but zoomed in looks like a misconnect at the walls. Not sure I get that.

It's very difficult to notice in plan, but if you zoom in/out around the intersection you may eventually notice a very slight misalignment between the two walls:

post-95-0-90924700-1415649173_thumb.png

To align them, select the interior wall (or exterior, whichever way you want to go) and drag using the handle where my cursor/cross hairs are in this picture:

post-95-0-31878200-1415649304_thumb.png

When you drag, and it doesn't take much, the wall will "snap" into alignment; notice the little red x in this picture which indicates alignment with the interior surfaces of the two walls:

post-95-0-81199900-1415649413_thumb.png

...then release the mouse button, and everything should be aligned.

I usually make half walls from solid railing walls. THen set the height in the DBX for railing

Dennis:

this was the "old" way before Chief got the half wall tool a few versions ago

The half wall tool does the same thing - just saves a few steps

CA created the half wall tool because everyone (myself included) kept complaining

about all the extra steps

Lew