story pole dimensions from floor instead of absolute

DianeP

There may be a way to do that but it would likely involve multiple plan files.  I think I would just suppress the dimension value for those particular segments and then use the Leading Text field to enter your adjusted measurement value.  Or possibly not suppress the actual elevation value and add in your current floor measurement as Leading or Trailing Text.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

There may be a way to do that but it would likely involve multiple plan files.  I think I would just suppress the dimension value for those particular segments and then use the Leading Text field to enter your adjusted measurement value.  Or possibly not suppress the actual elevation value and add in your current floor measurement as Leading or Trailing Text.

I tried to do it this way but the segments didn't have an option that I could see, to turn off the callout absolute height.  I just made a white polylne rectangle and wrote text on top of it the way I wanted it to read.  I went back and made the black outline on the rectangle white after I got done.image.thumb.png.b4893f535c8d8bb51df713846d5ec6e1.png

16 minutes ago, DianeP said:

I tried to do it this way but the segments didn't have an option that I could see, to turn off the callout absolute height. 

You just need to be sure to select the correct segment. However I was just thinking that it may be better to use one or more of the vertical dimension strings to designate the in between measurements and let the absolute measurements stay with the callouts.

image.thumb.png.39566fc8506ca146fa7c2f2a4e3eebd2.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your guidance.  I came back to look at this problem on a day where I had a clearer mind and used some of the advice given.  Here is what I came up with as a way to change the dimensions to what I needed them to be.   I used the same technique to change the ceiling heights and remove the depth of the floor system.

image.thumb.png.b2a37bb6c0e7bc464516cb417981655d.png