Surface mounting to angled ceilings

DH7777

Keep in mind Darren, than with that fan, if it were flush, it would be mounted perpendicular to the ceiling! What you need is a separate symbol to represent either a wedge shaped mounting block or a dome as the base of the light fixture.

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Keep in mind Darren, than with that fan, if it were flush, it would be mounted perpendicular to the ceiling! What you need is a separate symbol to represent either a wedge shaped mounting block or a dome as the base of the light fixture.

Yes, I knew that I just figured Chief would let me mount it realistically the way it is supposed to look. Not build and an ugly box that is never used in real life on a sloped ceiling. Those are only utilized in the real world at the ridge if needed. So this is just one more little detail that CA should address. Like exterior window brick Rowlock ledges. I shouldn't have to build my own it should just turn on and off as casing or jamb does. 

1 hour ago, DH7777 said:

Yes, I knew that I just figured Chief would let me mount it realistically the way it is supposed to look. Not build and an ugly box that is never used in real life on a sloped ceiling. Those are only utilized in the real world at the ridge if needed. So this is just one more little detail that CA should address. Like exterior window brick Rowlock ledges. I shouldn't have to build my own it should just turn on and off as casing or jamb does. 

Well that would actually a separate piece in the way the software works.  What Robert is suggesting is that you build a separate symbol to go over the flush mount symbol of the bell shaped cover.  That way you wouldn't use a wedge like you said that would be used for the ridge rather a bell that would mount to your ceiling and cover the flat one so it models like it would IRL.  

4 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Well that would actually a separate piece in the way the software works.  What Robert is suggesting is that you build a separate symbol to go over the flush mount symbol of the bell shaped cover.  That way you wouldn't use a wedge like you said that would be used for the ridge rather a bell that would mount to your ceiling and cover the flat one so it models like it would IRL.  

I understand :)