reference layer displaying in layout

madcowscarnival

No search is returning results.  In my layout file, the reference displays are showing; though no longer turned on in the plan file.  So I double-click the layout box, it activates my plan file and now reference layers are turned back on.  Click them off and go back to the layout tab and they are still displayed.  Is there a way to turn off reference layers from the layout without deleting the layout box and resending from the .plan file?

37 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

...better yet, select your Layout Box, open it, and study that dialog carefully.  Hopefully that exercise will help you understand a little better what’s going on.

OK, I'll bite. How is it 'better'? Yes, the layout box dialog shows what's displayed, but it doesn't allow control of the reference displays. For that, you need to edit the SVP. Unless I'm missing something...I guess you can unlink the SVP...

33 minutes ago, robdyck said:

OK, I'll bite. How is it 'better'? Yes, the layout box dialog shows what's displayed, but it doesn't allow control of the reference displays. For that, you need to edit the SVP. Unless I'm missing something...I guess you can unlink the SVP...

My comment was directed at the person who doesn't understand where the layout box is getting is information from in the first place.  In my opinion, it's best to understand what's going on before trying to address it.  Besides, the layout box may not even be referencing a Saved Plan View anyway. 

Bottom line and key is that a Layout Box remembers certain things.  You can see most of those things by opening the Layout Box Specification dialog.  Then you can either proceed to change those things right in that dialog or you can adjust the appropriate Saved Plan View. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just to clarify, a layout box may or may not be linked to a saved plan view.  If it is not linked to a saved plan view, you can change the reference display setting directly in the layout box dialog.  If it is linked, you can either unlink it and change the settings in the layout box or keep it linked and change the settings in the saved plan view.

layout box specification 1.png

Robert, for some reason, my "linked saved plan view" is working plan view and was not letting me access the reference display.  Turning the reference display on or off did not reflect in the layout.  With Dermot's post, I changed the linked saved plan view to none and it allows control of the "show reference floor".  I do not fully understand the process, however it is corrected.  Thanks folks.

This file was created by the builder who is new to the program, there are a number of not-default-behaviors that he has set up or modified that are different from how I use the program in factory default state.