Lost Toolbar

HumbleChief

I have had a problem losing toolbars on some older versions (particularly X7), all of them would totally disappear. I was advised to rename the toolbar folder in the program file ("old toolbars") then close and reopen Chief. The program could then search and find the toolbars again and would open them. Might not be the solution in this case.

I don't know how many of you use DropBox but they have a version history feature that will 'restore' older file versions while saving current versions. BRILLIANT! I think I instructed X12 to use a default toolbar when installing it on my laptop and my custom toolbar was missing. DropBox - version history - June 5th file - RESTORE - toolbar is back. Sweet.

32 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

If your laptop has the job of both running chief on your laptop and then switching to an external monitor, this can lead to toolbar issues.

I am intending exactly that for a presentation and will test a bunch before hand - THANK YOU.

Let me see if I can explain how I Synchronize files and folders to work on both a Desktop and Laptop with CA.

I have a Western Digital My Cloud EX2 Ultra.  It plugs into my Router/Ethernet Switch and acts as a personal cloud.

I use software called Good Sync to Synchronize the Desktop to the My Cloud.  It also syncs the Laptop to My Cloud.  

Everything saved to Documents on the desktop Hard drive is also on the laptop hard drive and vice versa.

Every time a file changes, it syncs.

I've moved Chiefs Folders to Documents.  The Library, Tool Bars etc. match on both computers.  I can start a drawing on either computer, edit and revise and the changes are on both computers.  The synchronization happens in the background automatically.

The difference between My Cloud Home and My Cloud EX2 Ultra is the EX2 is Network Attached Storage (NAS) It has two hard drives and runs RAID 1, so the second hard drive backs up the first one.  Alll the files & folders are available also using the My Cloud.com web site.  So if you had my username and password I could share them with you.

• Upvote 2