Amateur user of HDP. Allows me to build for ideas but not for real build plans.

Looking for someone to take my HDP idea and create plans.

- Detached pole barn style garage, 30' x 40', unfinished inside, concrete pad, 2 garage bays.

- Located in Ohio.

- Can share details on local code needs, specifics on build.

- Exterior: Siding, 3' of lick-and-stick stone on front. Shingle roof.

ASAP need date. Use CAD / CAM for machining and printing, kudos to those of you who are good at home designing. IMO, it's harder to get things right on home designing than it is for 4-axis machine CAD.

Thanks in advance!

Not interested but I would advise against using stone on just the front - it tends to look fake and IMHO is the mark of an amateurish designer. Better to use all that same amount of stone and do a stone skirt with siding above. The problem is, people see buildings from more than one viewpoint - and as soon as you move around the corner you see that it's just fake thin veneer and it loses the effect. 

Stop stone or change stone heights at inside corners only.

I'm seeing less requests for stone wainscotting.  I think people are bored with it.

I see more folks changing the exterior materials wall by wall. Also, you avoid pouring a stone/brick lug where you have a full wall of siding and when you do pour it you are getting the cost spread over ±twice the stone/brick surface area.

Appreciate the input everyone. Project needs to mimic the house look, attached picture. L-shaped welcome corner with the same posts might work. Working on a file now to see how it looks.

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 6.36.28 AM.png

On 4/24/2020 at 8:54 AM, PurdueFan said:

Amateur user of HDP. Allows me to build for ideas but not for real build plans.

Have faith you can do it :)   

don't these get you mostly there ?  ( I am not really sure what features Pro is missing these Days vs Premier)

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01081/creating-a-pole-barn-structure.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00598/creating-a-post-and-beam-structure.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01069/designing-a-traditional-pole-barn-structure.html

oh and watch out for that ankle breaker front step in the photo...

Thanks for the support comment! No plumbing, interior finishing, basically a nice-looking large shed IMO. That said, still give props to those of you who do home design. I do CAD / CAM for a machine and while some code is complex, machines don't have opinions / feelings. You're designing for an emotional topic / largest investment a person, or couple, makes in their life. Add local codes on top of it, there's a lot of people to make happy.

Already using the first link and at the post / footing stage. Attached file is a CA sample download plan, can't edit it in HDP 2019. Would be nice to see settings for various items, make adjustments and see results, apply learned info to my design. Anyone know if there's a sample pole plan that work with HPD 2019?

Pole Building.plan

5 hours ago, PurdueFan said:

Thanks for the support comment! No plumbing, interior finishing, basically a nice-looking large shed IMO. That said, still give props to those of you who do home design. I do CAD / CAM for a machine and while some code is complex, machines don't have opinions / feelings. You're designing for an emotional topic / largest investment a person, or couple, makes in their life. Add local codes on top of it, there's a lot of people to make happy.

Already using the first link and at the post / footing stage. Attached file is a CA sample download plan, can't edit it in HDP 2019. Would be nice to see settings for various items, make adjustments and see results, apply learned info to my design. Anyone know if there's a sample pole plan that work with HPD 2019?

Pole Building.plan

I think that plan is from the Original Tutorial in link no# 3 ( re-written this year) and may include features used that Pro does not have or isn't capable of , but you can download the tutorial PDF and check out most of the Settings and see if HD Pro is indeed capable.

M.