Perspective Overview Camera

sandimc1n

My issue is with Perspective view also. In x12  I cant get to the welcome screen when I start the program.

I can right click on a CA file select open with. CA x12 will open the floor plan & I can work in it.

The moment I select perspective view CA X12 Locks up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I have tried the repair option to no avail.

Next I will try to see if the video drivers need updating.

3 minutes ago, ExcelNow2 said:

I cant get to the welcome screen when I start the program.

That is a setting in Preferences > General > Startup Options.

The other is likely a video driver or check your Video Card Status in Preferences and make sure Chief is using your dedicated card.

This does not sound like it is related to the original poster's problem.  It sounds more like a video card or driver issue.  See if this tech article helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

If all else fails, then contact our technical support department during our normal business hours.

After and update from windows/Dell my computer decided to use my motherboards Intel video driver instead of the Nvidia Card for my

1st monitor.  I decided to check this after I discovered that the perspective view works fine on my 2nd monitor.

Oddly, Advanced display settings say the Nvidia Card is running both monitors.

I am going to uninstall the intel diver to see what happens.

1 hour ago, ExcelNow2 said:

I am going to uninstall the intel diver to see what happens.

Windows 10 will likely just replace it.....

try disabling the Intel iGPU in the computer's Bios instead.....  should force it to use the Nvidia only  ...if the option is available?

M.

• 1 year later...

Problem Solved

The problem ended up being old material images from previous CA versions.  I used these materials in my trim and they appeared empty or Blank. Once I changed the material to one from the more recent version it worked fine.