Sign in to follow this  
abohawra

snap on reference floor for the new X12

Hi every body

the new chief X12, I try to use the tool point to poin move, but its not snap to floor reference points, any idea for a solution.

thanks

It works for me.  You will need to either post a plan or contact technical support.

Hi, I upload a test file, if I set the reference of 1st floor from 2nd floor, I cannot snap to 1st floor reference points, any wrong sitting i did, can any body help plz. 

test.plan

There's nothing built on the 2nd floor of your test plan. Therefore...nothing to reference or snap to.

Hi

if you make the reference display, here is my question, why the snap reference is not working?

33 minutes ago, abohawra said:

Hi

if you make the reference display, here is my question, why the snap reference is not working?

The only reason I know of that you wouldn't be able to snap to a reference floor object would be if it was on a "Locked Layer".

I check the layers, I remove the locks to all items, still the same problem, 

I opened your plan, then I checked the referenced layer setting and found that it was "automatic" which means "which previous floor was displayed".

• switched to second floor - without doing that there is no reference floor because there was no previous floor displayed.
  • 1st floor walls and doors displayed in red
  • draw a line snapping to first floor objects works.

If you want to set a particular floor as the reference then it's best to do that and then do a "Save Plan View As".

That way you can:

• save the 1st floor with the 2nd floor being the referenced floor
  • save the 2nd floor with the 1st floor being the referenced floor
  • etc

Note that you can also have different "Reference Layer Sets" depending on what you want to show.

• Upvote 1

There appears to be a problem with your product registration.  Please contact our technical support department for further assistance.