The Red Hatched Lines Of The Reference Layer Compete With My Main Layer? Anyway To Work Around This?

zowie123

Hey all,

If I turn on the foundation reference layer which has a red dotted line, that line really wants to bleed through my main walls and show it self when I send it to layout.  Is there anyway to send reference layers to back?  

I have the walls perfectly aligned, so it shouldn't show up so well.   I also made all my reference layer line weights very thin, but still there.

Just wondering if anyone else sees this?

Thank you, 

Barry

Curious why you leave the Reference Layer on when you send to Layout then ?  

but you could try the "draw reference floor 1st setting , it is draw last by default it seems

Display Options allow you to control how the lines and fill patterns of objects in the Reference Floor appear.

• Select Draw Reference Floor First to draw the Reference Floor before drawing the objects on the current floor. The lines and fill patterns of objects in the Reference Floor display behind the current floor.

• Select Draw Reference Floor Last to draw the Reference Floor after the objects on the current floor are drawn. The lines and fill patterns of objects in the Reference Floor display in front of the current floor, and may cover objects on the current floor partially or completely.

Use Object Settings displays the line and fill styles of objects in the Reference Floor that aren’t using their default line and fill styles. When this is unchecked, objects display according to their layer settings in the Reference Floor Layer Set.

Use XOR Drawing changes the color of lines in the Reference Floor that are drawn on top of one another. Lines with identical properties do not display.

I often send a reference layer on in a color pdf to people I'm working with for clarity.   Particularly useful with split level plans.  Maybe there's a different way, but it's the easiest way I know.  I changed all my reference lines to dashed, so you can see what's what, and since the pdf is in color it's very clear for contractors and engineers.  

YES THAT WAS IT!  Thank you, my Draw Reference was set to last on this one floor.  Not sure how it got that way, but that fixed it.  

Kbird, hero of the day.  I didn't realize that dbx existed.  

Cheers! Barry