Tile Patterns with manufacture tile

Gary_Swanson

Gary:

You're going to have to do a much better job at explaining exactly what it is you want to do.  You might also explain what you have already tried doing.  Sometimes adding an image or two is very helpful in explaining what you want.

Comments/Questions:

1.  You mention that you may want to use a brick pattern.  There are all sorts of brick patterns that can be used and different brick sizes that can be used for those patterns.  What specific style, specific pattern and specific size are you wanting to use?

2.  DalTile has tons of different materials you can choose from, including many brick style tiles and brick patterns.  Did you search through any of DalTile's folders to see if there isn't one that is a good fit for what you want to use rather than the one you did use, which is basically a 24" x 12" x 3/8" tile and the pattern isn't "offset" if that is what you want?

3.  Can I assume you picked the Sprout P322 tile because you liked its color?

Please provide more information about your intentions.

Yes I picked that particular tile just because of the color.

I am opening the  room specification and under walls select material. I am using sprout 322 then click on plan materials and edit. Under pattern I picked grid 1/2 offset. Under texture I checked keep pattern/texture in sync and to the right of the x scale there it shows a pic of the tile. I noticed that does not change to the pattern I picked. No matter what pattern I pick it doesn't change and so the camera view never changes. 

I just would like  someone to tell me the right method to do this. I just want to go to the dal-tile catalog and pick a tile and apply it to the shower wall and use whatever pattern I choose.

2 hours ago, Gary_Swanson said:

No matter what pattern I pick it doesn't change and so the camera view never changes. 

Changing the Pattern , which is used in Vector Views , does not change the Texture Image that is used in 3D cameras , you need to Change BOTH or make a new material eg from a pic you found online.

See this Tip on doing that in the Tips forum.....

Mick.