Furring strips or studs?


Recommended Posts

I want to place a 42 inch built-in fridge in a 48 inch opening.  Would furring strips or studs be best to close the 6 inch gap for drywall?


If furring strips, CA help suggests adding an additional layer to the wall segment, or for studs, adding another 6-inch adjacent wall.


What would be your approach?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Make a new wall type.


Take a 6" interior and copy it.


Change the width to something like 1-1/2", and call it Interior 2 or Furring wall.  


When they frame the room in the field, the cabinet wall will be viewed more like a component of the millwork, not necessarily part of the structure.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member