Box or Garden window

Hammer7

I'm trying to find instructions on making a Garden window or Box window.  I have found a few different videos on Bay windows and am reading the reference book and I have the windows, the height and roof all on but I cannot get the window frames in the corners just yet.  I would like to finish making it myself manually for the training but would also like to find an imported component if possible for future project.

Edited by Hammer7
I can't upload the file for some reason, it's under 25mb

4 minutes ago, solver said:

Have you searched the forum?

I have searched this forum numerous times for topics I KNOW I have seen in the past never to find them again...  I'm not sure how the search engine here works, but even searching that does not point me in the right direction.

Bay window and garden window....  I was able to find a box/garden window component to import and now I'm off to building a bay window manually.  The roofs are close but still difficult to connect properly.  I can't select the baseline handle of the right side roof plane in plan view.  Even when I select next object?

Hawley_1.21_12pm_changes.plan

bay window.png

Edited by Hammer7
add screenshot

• 3 years later...
On 1/20/2020 at 1:27 PM, wjmdes said:

I have searched this forum numerous times for topics I KNOW I have seen in the past never to find them again...  I'm not sure how the search engine here works, but even searching that does not point me in the right direction.

Theres a garden window in the library now.

Don't you love it! I did a search for "did you search the Forum" and there's over 20,000 responses. 20,000 times people are cluttering the forum just telling people to search and offering absolutely no help whatsoever. As if today is the posters first day on the internet and has no idea that there are search features, YouTube or Google available. And then they go on to be somewhat helpful and answer questions after they make sure they let you know that they just generally assume everyone is helpless. Some people have over 11,000 comments and only a hundred helpful answers which is what? .9% solutions? Honestly I don't think there's no harm in having the same answer for the same question because not everybody's reading every thread or responding so there may be some threads that have helpful information and others that go on and on that don't really offer a solution. Not to mention it scares people away from ever asking a question again.