Floor Material Region Replaces Entire Floor, Not Just Region

rlackore

I have a hallway where I need to change the angle of the hardwood floor. I created a floor material region with the required angle, set it to replace the finish floor, but instead of just replacing the region, it has wiped out the entire hallway floor. Now, deleting the material region doesn't restore the old floor, even though the dbx is checked for the default finish floor.

post-95-0-44225000-1412875822_thumb.png

I haven't noticed a similar problem with wall material regions, so I can't imagine this is the intended behavior.

That's an interesting approach.

I would have just copied the material and edited the angle (pattern and texture) of the new material.  You can access this in the Structure Tab of the Room dbx.

Only if it's defined as a separate room, which for schedule purposes and such I don't want to do.

While investigating this problem, I created a material region in one room, expanded it to span into an adjacent room, then when I deleted the region, the adjacent room did not rebuild the default floor - it leaves a hole where the material region was. The original room rebuilt fine.

The floor material region will delete the flooring under it, if its set up that way, you might have to put it back in the floor finish.

Yes, I know by default it's set to replace all the flooring under it - but the problem is it replaced ALL the flooring throughout the room, not just underneath the material region.

I've gotten it to work, but not consistently. When I applied a new region, then rotated it, the region duplicated itself and deleted the entire floor. After multiple undo ops, and multiple attempts, I've got what I want; however, the implementation seems buggy. Maybe it's just me.