PBR making my white door jambs black?

dskogg

I am trying to do a pbr of a condo suite, i added another floor on top to get rid of the light bleed at ceilings and the door jambs turn black or the entire door in some cases.

I built this door symbol but why would pbr do this?  I have seen it on the first release of pbr on white surfaces turning black.

Here is the plan, any thoughts would be much appreciated.

n4th black door.jpg

n4th.zip

You've taken the ceiling out of the rooms on 4 so PBR is bouncing light off the Concrete slab I think hence the dark gray/black on the doors......, putting the Ceiling drywall back helps as does turning the Sun lux down too the 100-500 range ... also adding a single ceiling fixture in each room so you can control it's lux vs the Auto light helps too.

this is with sun follows camera too.......and a ceiling light behind the camera with Ceilings back on....

PS: the other contributing factor maybe that your Door Frames are a High Gloss White Lacquer by default. ( doors are just White )

image.thumb.png.b61dbbee7d66c26402a161a3e926c88d.png

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

You've taken the ceiling out of the rooms on 4 so PBR is bouncing light off the Concrete slab I think hence the dark gray/black on the doors......, putting the Ceiling drywall back helps as does turning the Sun lux down too the 100-500 range ... also adding a single ceiling fixture in each room so you can control it's lux vs the Auto light helps too.

this is with sun follows camera too.......and a ceiling light behind the camera with Ceilings back on....

PS: the other contributing factor maybe that your Door Frames are a High Gloss White Lacquer by default. ( doors are just White )

image.thumb.png.b61dbbee7d66c26402a161a3e926c88d.png

mick, i added two lights in order to get rid of the black frames..doesnt make sense i would have to do this...there must be some issues with pbr.

black door white frames.JPG

two lights off.JPG

two lights on.JPG

white doors black frames.JPG

I used a single ceiling light , not an Added 3D Light (source) , in each room and turn down the Sun Lux and it was alot better once the Ceiling was white again.

Things like this have been an issue in PBR since the start as the light picks up a colour cast as it bounces around , it's also why  you don't want a really colorful background outside , say autumn leaves as that too will "colour " the light inside the room even.

You door frames are also high gloss meaning they have a reflection , unlike the Door itself which is a plain white looking at the materials....

Is that the same Plan we have ...I don't see that room in my plan as far as I can tell? Also note that since I only have the plan that there are 16-20 textures missing ....which may change things.

M.

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I used a single ceiling light , not an Added 3D Light (source) , in each room and turn down the Sun Lux and it was alot better once the Ceiling was white again.

Things like this have been an issue in PBR since the start as the light picks up a colour cast as it bounces around , it's also why  you don't want a really colorful background outside , say autumn leaves as that too will "colour " the light inside the room even.

You door frames are also high gloss meaning they have a reflection , unlike the Door itself which is a plain white looking at the materials....

M.

Only thing is this is for a real estate 360 so i cant show lights that aren't there... they wanted to have a panoramic photo in background but it seems pbr doesnt really show this very well.