Sign in to follow this  
DeckQuestions

Angled deck stairs

I'm trying to get stairs that look like this:

1745604887_ScreenShot2019-10-01at12_17_17PM.thumb.png.e18c8d4a2ca5bc47da64a7a4c1273f31.png

They look like this right now:

1016736477_ScreenShot2019-10-01at12_19_33PM.thumb.png.d1fa391f6183c8a2eb2577fe975d3fd3.png

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, DeckQuestions said:

I'm trying to get stairs that look like this:

1745604887_ScreenShot2019-10-01at12_17_17PM.thumb.png.e18c8d4a2ca5bc47da64a7a4c1273f31.png

They look like this right now:

1016736477_ScreenShot2019-10-01at12_19_33PM.thumb.png.d1fa391f6183c8a2eb2577fe975d3fd3.png

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

Not sure if anyone has come up with a new method but I build shaped stairs out of landings as they use a polyline. Simply stack your landings to create stairs and uncheck railings in the dbx.

You might consider tucking it under the deck if you have a way to hide it in 3D it can be layered in 2D.

Tucked Stair.JPG

You can do this using Winders.

The trick is that you need the stairs to be contained in a room (invisible walls) for winders to work - including a very thin wall at the join line between the flights.

Are you aware that if you do the stairs following your attached sketch, the treads on the sides will be smaller than the centre treads because you have made the join line at 90deg to the building.

To make the treads the same size on the centre flight and side flights, the join line needs to bisect the angle between the stairs (as I have done on the left hand side).

The right hand side is as per your sketch.

New Image_247.jpg

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jerryajohnson35
    Newest Member
    jerryajohnson35

• By No1ZZTopfan
      A bit of an issue. I have two staircases. One from the basement to the first floor. Directly above are the other stairs which go from the first to the second floor. When I run "Auto Stairwell" on the basement stairs, the other stairs drop to the basement. I have never had this issue in any other versions. Why? (See attached screen shoot). Running CA12 on Win10Pro.

Thanks in advance.

• By stevenyhof
      I'm making an electrical plan and trying to figure out how to add my electrical line to my light fixture over the stairs - shown on the main floor. So I have a 2 way switch at the bottom and top of the stairs.
    • By stevenyhof
      I was messing around with my template wanting to get some more things in place for my stairs and defaults. I ran into this before and just moved on, but now I am drawing homes using Chief and need to find a way to angle or follow the stairs with a halfwall. Thank you
      SND_D_Residential Template.plan

• By Designer100
      1) Finished floor for this existing building is 36". The driveway in back is level with finish floor also. I cannot get the landscape all around to fill in under building and driveway. The drive slopes up to flat across as much as I have flat. The exist. H.C. ramp goes into a concrete porch. This is as-built plan and then I will design a restaurant on the first floor. 
      2) I cannot get u shaped stairs to work and land on the 2nd floor by the entry door.

I would appreciate any help in accomplishing what i need to do.

Thanks,

Newell 
      Moheb Building.plan

• By birchmore
      I have an octagonal shaped room (silo, 3 stories tall) and I need to build a stair case along the outer wall, following the shape of the octagon, with winders in the corners. What is the best way to go about doing this? I can't seem to figure out how to get the angles correct, the railings to work, get it to create winders on the corners, or get it tight to the wall.