Sign in to follow this  
DeckQuestions

Angled deck stairs

I'm trying to get stairs that look like this:

1745604887_ScreenShot2019-10-01at12_17_17PM.thumb.png.e18c8d4a2ca5bc47da64a7a4c1273f31.png

They look like this right now:

1016736477_ScreenShot2019-10-01at12_19_33PM.thumb.png.d1fa391f6183c8a2eb2577fe975d3fd3.png

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, DeckQuestions said:

I'm trying to get stairs that look like this:

1745604887_ScreenShot2019-10-01at12_17_17PM.thumb.png.e18c8d4a2ca5bc47da64a7a4c1273f31.png

They look like this right now:

1016736477_ScreenShot2019-10-01at12_19_33PM.thumb.png.d1fa391f6183c8a2eb2577fe975d3fd3.png

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

Not sure if anyone has come up with a new method but I build shaped stairs out of landings as they use a polyline. Simply stack your landings to create stairs and uncheck railings in the dbx.

You might consider tucking it under the deck if you have a way to hide it in 3D it can be layered in 2D.

Tucked Stair.JPG

You can do this using Winders.

The trick is that you need the stairs to be contained in a room (invisible walls) for winders to work - including a very thin wall at the join line between the flights.

Are you aware that if you do the stairs following your attached sketch, the treads on the sides will be smaller than the centre treads because you have made the join line at 90deg to the building.

To make the treads the same size on the centre flight and side flights, the join line needs to bisect the angle between the stairs (as I have done on the left hand side).

The right hand side is as per your sketch.

New Image_247.jpg

• Like 1