Can i do a window schedule for each elevation?

I want to show a window schedule for each elevation only showing the windows on that elevation, what is the best way to do this?

This way i can show the sq footage of windows on that wall exposure and have it totaled in the schedule for just that wall.

5 minutes ago, dskogg said:

I want to show a window schedule for each elevation only showing the windows on that elevation, what is the best way to do this?

This way i can show the sq footage of windows on that wall exposure and have it totaled in the schedule for just that wall.

Only include the windows in that schedule from that active floor via the schedule

31 minutes ago, dskogg said:

i dont know much at all about macros...is there any resources to read about macros and learn?

They're complicated. Don't bother learning RUBY unless you literally have nothing to do for weeks or months. BUY them. You'll feel fantastic about your awesome decision making ability!!

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, dskogg said:

isnt there an easy calc i can do in the label, ie =widthxheight/144?

the area of the window is already available in the window schedule. However if you're looking to display the areas as it pertains to ABC 9.10.15, I can tell you that the macro is far from simple. I bought mine from @Alaskan_Son and I could never have come up with it. 

I assume that is the reason you'd like a window schedule from one elevation only. Here's an elevation that shows a customized schedule based on macros.

image.thumb.png.b23ecf28b7cbca255279abeadbe56ace.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherfox
    Newest Member
    heatherfox

• By rfantclt
      I have a commercial project - historic hotel renovation & addition. My plans are set up with finishes, walls, etc., based on CA library of materials.  I want my Room Finish Schedule to use generic descriptions such as "cpt" for carpet, LVT, PCT, HDWD (hardwood floors), etc.  What is the best way to over-ride the materials I selected in defaults?

Rebecca Fant, AIA
      Charlotte, NC
      rfant@archmatters.com
      x12
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Could someone help me out to add a custom column heading to a schedule so that I can add some text to that schedule? 
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I have attached my plan and the site picture from the backyard. Why is the brick veneer overlapping my basement window. What am I doing wrong? Site existing condition picture attached backyard
      221008.plan

• By ChiefuserMathews
      I was wondering is there a way to rename a symbol so that the name appears in the schedule will be as required rather than the CA symbol name. eg. 2 way ceiling register, I want to rename it as supply air to reflect in my schedule. Is it possible? Any suggestions how i can achieve that?
    • By Ange822
      I am using Chief Architect Premier X9

My defaults seemed to have changed so that when I select a window - it is now showing temporary dimensions of the window casing / center of window / trim. (see attached screen shots)
      How do I change this to only show the window opening to wall stud? 

thanks in advanced!
      Angela