kaclason

Sign on Exterior of building

We are designing  a commercial building and ant to show the name of the business on a board running the width of the building. How do you create text so that is shows up in perspective?

Is the sign 3D or flat -- as in painted on?

Thanks Eric, Just added signature - Using X11, on windows. Sign will be flat painted onto a board that gets attached to the building.

tx,

Kurt

You can create a p-solid for the board and apply an image as a material or you can bring your design in as a PDF and trace over it with p-solids to create text and design in 3D or even better bring it in as DWG so you have snap points.  There is also a method of creating a design and saving it a PDF then converting to DWG to avoid the tracing step so you can then convert the DWG components to p-solids.

I use personally use Sketchup for this type of thing.  Here's a quick video I made a while back...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lbuttery said:

also check out the free utility Elefont

Lew, do you have a current link to Elefont ?

By the way, AutoCAD, VectorWorks, DraftSight...and probably others...also have the capability of converting text to polylines in case any of you guys use one of those.

Chopsaw:

no I don't

haven't used it in years

did it go away ?

Lew

I used to have a link on my desktop but have never used it and recently deleted it after checking if it was still alive.

Did a quick search and could not find it.

Any chance you still have the .exe file ?

maybe

I just checked one HD and not there

tomorrow I will turn on other PC and check that drive

send me a reminder on Fri in case I forget to look

Lew

Thanks Lew,  maybe I will get a chance to try it out now.  Not sure how I missed it.

The http://www.armanisoft.com link seems to be dead.  Nice that redpoint is keeping it going.