Foundation Lines

tantrim

I submitted our plan to our Architect for review and it came back with a comment saying that any foundation below grade needs to be represented with dashed line not solid. I have change the line style but now they are dashed above the grade, is there a setting to control how the line style is handled above and below the grade for foundation and piers? How would one handle this...with out going into the elevation independently and drawing solid cad line over al l the above grade dashed lines?

AF416A East Elevation.png

You can use a CAD MASK with 45° deg. angled WHITE lines ( or background colour) spaced at say 6" and make it the Front object in the Drawing Order (Groups).

The White lines will make the Solid Black lines appear to be dashed in the elevation View.

Try a Forum Search , you may find Threads on it , pretty sure that Tip comes from here, a number of years ago , perhaps from Joey Martin.

*** better yet see Rob's post below :) 

Mick.

A workaround is required. There are a few options, all manual as far as I know.

-Cad detail from view, then edit lines manually

-Cad lines over the foundation in the elevation camera view

-a polyline with an angle hatch pattern of white lines to dash out the foundation below grade.

image.thumb.png.5999ddb2a5b299829789a8efe968748d.pngimage.thumb.png.b4a3c6d2fea4821fc055ea0692843ba6.png

I personally prefer to use a polyline with a semi-transparent fill to cover below grade stuff, BUT...if you need the dashed lines you can also create a 2nd Layer Set or entire Plan View with the walls set to display as dashed and then copy/paste in place your layout box, change the Plan View or Layer Set being used for the copy, and then crop both views so that one is used for the above grade and one is used for below.  

2 hours ago, robdyck said:

A workaround is required. There are a few options, all manual as far as I know.

-Cad detail from view, then edit lines manually

-Cad lines over the foundation in the elevation camera view

-a polyline with an angle hatch pattern of white lines to dash out the foundation below grade.

image.thumb.png.5999ddb2a5b299829789a8efe968748d.pngimage.thumb.png.b4a3c6d2fea4821fc055ea0692843ba6.png

I am going the poly line method thank you for the snap shots!