Help ! Stray Siding in the living room

kMoquin

36 minutes ago, kMoquin said:

I'm modeling an existing house for renovation and I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep this strip of siding siding from appearing on the interior wall. If anyone can offer tips or tricks I would appreciate it.

Thanks !

Capture.jpg

Existing Plan.zip

Archard Existing.plan

there you go, change the liv room to platform frame style(lowered the ceiling height, adjust things accordingly)

removed some of the balloon walls, separated 2nd floor walls from attic walls, designated interior walls

something to note, those windows in the loft seem to be a waterproofing pain in the butt being that close to the diaphragm(roof to wall connection etc.)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Archard Existing.plan

there you go, change the liv room to platform frame style(lowered the ceiling height, adjust things accordingly)

removed some of the balloon walls, separated 2nd floor walls from attic walls, designated interior walls

something to note, those windows in the loft seem to be a waterproofing pain in the butt being that close to the diaphragm(roof to wall connection etc.)

Rene...if you get some time to look at the plan you fixed for Kevin...can you tell me why there is a gap in the ceiling in the living area where the roof plane hits the wall above it.  There is about a 1.5" gap...looks like there is a "fascia" on the rafter at the wall...but, I really can't figure out how to get rid of this "gap".  

See pics...

2019-07-26_16-42-33.thumb.png.d96984e243bd6db40fc71c940fd64bd5.png  2019-07-26_16-45-23.thumb.png.9efd8661f98fd9d7d2a7edc97ef4d8c7.png

11 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Rene...if you get some time to look at the plan you fixed for Kevin...can you tell me why there is a gap in the ceiling in the living area where the roof plane hits the wall above it.  There is about a 1.5" gap...looks like there is a "fascia" on the rafter at the wall...but, I really can't figure out how to get rid of this "gap".  

See pics...

2019-07-26_16-42-33.thumb.png.d96984e243bd6db40fc71c940fd64bd5.png  2019-07-26_16-45-23.thumb.png.9efd8661f98fd9d7d2a7edc97ef4d8c7.png

most likely a manually drawn roof plane that isn't reaching the wall's main layer, I did not modify the plans roof planes

Just now, Renerabbitt said:

most likely a manually drawn roof plane that isn't reaching the wall's main layer, I did not modify the plans roof planes

Yea...I tried moving the roof plane but it "auto" adjusts to what you see.  I'll fiddle around some more and see if it's a plan issue or it's just the way CA works.  :huh:

28 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Yea...I tried moving the roof plane but it "auto" adjusts to what you see.  I'll fiddle around some more and see if it's a plan issue or it's just the way CA works.  :huh:

Just opened the plan, its the shadow board creating that gap..had to delete the adjacent attic wall and balloon frame the second story