Joe_Carrick

X11 Expanded Object Properties Macro(s)

Recommended Posts

X11 added a lot of new attributes that are very useful.  CA also provided a new macro to list the available attributes - but the output wasn't alphabetical and many of the attributes are not very useful.

 

I've created 3 new macros:

  •   _Object_properties_expanded_sorted
  •   _Object_properties_expanded_sorted_short_list
  •   _Object_properties_expanded_sorted_wo_defaults

 

My favorite is the short_list version which skips any attribute that's is_default, true or false

 

Here's the json file which you can import using TMM.  

 

Note to CA - Please feel free to include these in the next update and future versions of Chief Architect.

 

_object_properties_X11_jpc.json

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

X11 added a lot of new attributes that are very useful.  CA also provided a new macro to list the available attributes - but the output wasn't alphabetical and many of the attributes are not very useful.

 

I've created 3 new macros:

  •   _Object_properties_expanded_sorted
  •   _Object_properties_expanded_sorted_short_list
  •   _Object_properties_expanded_sorted_wo_defaults

 

My favorite is the short_list version which skips any attribute that's is_default, true or false

 

Here's the json file which you can import using TMM.  

 

Note to CA - Please feel free to include these in the next update and future versions of Chief Architect.

 

_object_properties_X11_jpc.json

 

 

thanks again for your time and Efforts Joe....

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X11 added the "room" attribute to most objects that are placed in a room.  This allows access to most (or maybe all) of the attributes of the room from the selected object.  There are some interesting capabilities that result from this:

  1. A text box can be used with a macro that gets and displays information about the room it's located in.
  2. The Label of an object located in a room can be used with a macro that gets and displays information about the room
  3. A text box or Note (with an arrow connected to another object in a room can be used with a macro that gets and displays information about the room.
  4. In some cases you might want to get the data from the object itself and in other cases you might want to get it from the room.  Perhaps you want the area, perimeter or volume of the object and in other cases you might want to get that data for the room.  This can get a little tricky.

I've derived a way to do this based on the idea that if I'm using the Label of an object located in a room I can first check the object to see if it has the attribute(s) I want.  If so I get the data from that object.  Otherwise I get it from the room.  The same is true when using a Text Box or Note with an arrow to an object in the room

 

In the case of a Text Box without an arrow I get the data from the room the text box is located in.

 

I will be providing a set of macros in a couple of weeks using this system.  

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

A text box or Note (with an arrow connected to another object in a room) can be used with a macro that gets and displays information about the room.

 

These objects don't actually need to be connected to anything in the room at all.  They themselves are a valid medium to pull the information from the room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

These objects don't actually need to be connected to anything in the room at all.  They themselves are a valid medium to pull the information from the room. 

Yes Michael, I know that.  But sometimes I need to have the information displayed outside of the room and I use either a Text Box or a Note with an arrow connected to a fixture such as a water closet.  Of course, I could just use a very small PSolid and use it's Label which I can then move to wherever I want it.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27873
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    cbling
    Newest Member
    cbling
    Joined