My desired facia width leaves a gap.

Kaemingk

I am trying to build my gable end walls to have a very small facia by turning a 2x6 on it's flat edge.  The problem is, is that the siding will no longer meet the facia/underside of the roof.  I don't want a closed soffit.  I turned off the sub-facia but that does nothing.  I believe the width of this gap is the width of my roof structure thickness.  Kind of a difficult subject to describe.  Please see the photos.  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 10.46.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.03.12 AM.png

IMG_0086.jpg

Kaemingk, see the link to the topic on how to fill out your signature. If you go to your profile, select it, then drop down and select account settings, then look for a drop down usually on the lower left of that page, select signature and just fill out the info.  Be sure and make your signature visible

Thanks David, I didn't realize that I had no profile until you mentioned it.  Do you guys have any thoughts on this subject?  I've never uploaded a whole plan to a stranger and I'd be slightly hesitant to put it out there.  

Kamingk,  I had your same type of reservations when I first started posting on this forum, primarily as my plans are basic and more focused on structural information than the high-level finished plans you see by other users.  It seems everyone here is very professional in their forum interactions.  People who produce simple plans aren't going to take advanced plans and try to reproduce, people with advanced plans already know how to produce amazing data with Chief.  Very often there is data/settings/events that are so much simpler to open the plan and quickly check rather than try to explain the process.  I think you should give it a shot, the answers you receive will no doubt solve the problem.  If it is a complex solution, you may even get a video made and posted back, a truly amazing and free resource with some of the most proficient minds using ChiefArchitect.

EDIT: If you decide to post the plan, close out CA first, then upload.