angled window walls/jambs???

DianeP

Fair warning I don't know the proper name for what I am trying to talk about,  if you could enlighten me that would be great.  Anyways,  the house plan I am trying to help out with is to have really think concrete walls with windows that have deep sills and angled wall edges.   I have attached a picture of the sketch.  Is this something that can be accomplished in CA.  I am using x10.  Thank you!!!

angled thick window jambs.JPG

• Thanks for the quick response. This almost shows the way I want it to look from camera view, except it has thick sills that are as deep as wall.  On plan view it doesn't show the angled window sides.Is there some way to modify it so that it shows correctly  on the plan view as well?

Here is another similar situation and a slightly different solution.  I tried a slight modification to get an angled side with mixed results.

It might come down to a few precise cad masks or depending on your exact specifications there may be a workaround.  Maybe get as close as you can and post the plan file with a few notes and cad lines indicating what you need that could not be achieved.

• Upvote 1

It is possible to do something like this using Recessed into wall, a 2 layer wall and external casing.

You would need to clean up the openings in plan to show the angled reveal instead of the square casing (a shortcoming with Chief), but the 3D view looks OK.

New Image_86.jpg

• Upvote 1