Auto Elevations

FerneKing

thank you, appreciated.  I have looked at the getting started videos and reviewed the manual and on line help.  Im finding the resources fantastic overall, but I just cannot seem to get the auto elevation element to work .  I will have at look at the utube video … thanks for taking the time. 

And don't forget the Knowledgebase (KB) too....   https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/database.html

But one way is 3D>Create Auto Elevations> (pick camera needed)

or Selecting the Elevation Camera on the ToolBar and placing the Camera as needed.

image.thumb.png.5ee875ef8707880d8c3329fe5fb6741c.png

At some point , don't forget to do your Forum Signature too, Version no# is important info.

It won't generate any cameras if you don't have at least one room.  This probably means that you have not drawn out a basic floorplan yet or that your walls are not connected correctly.  It should probably give some kind of message when it doesn't create any cameras to avoid this kind of confusion.

24 minutes ago, Dermot said:

It won't generate any cameras if you don't have at least one room.

Excellent Point......    one Wall (or Railing) seems to be enough to get the Auto Cameras to work..... no limitation if you shoot your own elevation Camera though.

image.thumb.png.b539f398d7c057d77aaf81669f213e11.png

Apparently, it's not as restricted as I thought.  Thanks for pointing that out Mick.

If you have any walls and it still does not generate any cameras, you might want to post your plan to see if others can duplicate the problem.  

Or, if all else fails, you can always contact tech support for more help.