FerneKing

Auto Elevations

Im a new user - 24 hours into using Chief Architect!  I have the auto elevation tool on tool bar but cannot seem to get elevation views ? what am in doing wrong ? 

There are many good videos on the Chief site, and on the Chief YouTube channel. The hour long getting started YouTube videos are a good place to start.

You also have a Users Guide and a Reference Manual, and built in help.

I'll suggest spending about 10 hours reviewing the above to get an idea of how Chief works, and where you can find answers on your own.

Not trying to turn you off from asking here, just pointing out some places for self help.

thank you, appreciated.  I have looked at the getting started videos and reviewed the manual and on line help.  Im finding the resources fantastic overall, but I just cannot seem to get the auto elevation element to work .  I will have at look at the utube video … thanks for taking the time. 

And don't forget the Knowledgebase (KB) too....   https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/database.html

But one way is 3D>Create Auto Elevations> (pick camera needed)

or Selecting the Elevation Camera on the ToolBar and placing the Camera as needed.

image.thumb.png.5ee875ef8707880d8c3329fe5fb6741c.png

At some point , don't forget to do your Forum Signature too, Version no# is important info.

It won't generate any cameras if you don't have at least one room.  This probably means that you have not drawn out a basic floorplan yet or that your walls are not connected correctly.  It should probably give some kind of message when it doesn't create any cameras to avoid this kind of confusion.

24 minutes ago, Dermot said:

It won't generate any cameras if you don't have at least one room.

Excellent Point......    one Wall (or Railing) seems to be enough to get the Auto Cameras to work..... no limitation if you shoot your own elevation Camera though.

image.thumb.png.b539f398d7c057d77aaf81669f213e11.png

Apparently, it's not as restricted as I thought.  Thanks for pointing that out Mick.

If you have any walls and it still does not generate any cameras, you might want to post your plan to see if others can duplicate the problem.  

Or, if all else fails, you can always contact tech support for more help.

Make sure the layer for the camera views is turned on. They are probably there somewhere, simply turned off and you can't see them.