Chris_Kelly

Electrical connection defaults?

Are there default settings for electrical connections? The reason I'm looking for them is that when I make a lighting plan I always adjust all the connection splines to have a larger radius (make them straighter) than what Chief gives them when they are put in the drawing. It would save me a good 10 minutes on an average house just adjusting those damn splines. So does anyone know where the defaults are or have a work-around for me? Please and thank you.

Don't use those connections. Just use a CAD spline to have greater control. Have the current CAD layer set to Connections, Electrical.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chris_Kelly said:

Are there default settings for electrical connections? The reason I'm looking for them is that when I make a lighting plan I always adjust all the connection splines to have a larger radius (make them straighter) than what Chief gives them when they are put in the drawing. It would save me a good 10 minutes on an average house just adjusting those damn splines. So does anyone know where the defaults are or have a work-around for me? Please and thank you.

I have suggested the ability to draw the electrical connection like the spline lines but nothing yet, like you I have to select them to straigtren them out time consuming, I like using the electrical connection lines so if I do a plan check it will tell me if I don't have something connected so I can fix it I don't think you get that with Joey way of doing it, I have done it that way when I put a lighting plan and an electrical plan on different pages

Speaking of electrical connections another question related.

Any of you guys show fire/smoke detectors and show them connected per code? If so how do you show connection with  fire/smoke detectors that are on a second floor or vise vs?

I show them but just note that they are battery backup and interconnected per code

On 12/10/2018 at 12:09 PM, Chris_Kelly said:

I wish there were.

Do a search in suggestions you'll find a long list of people asking for improvements including myself.  Pick a thread and add your name is what I would recommend.